Anna Cinzia Squicciarini
College of Information Sciences and Technology Pennsylvania State University
Research Activities and About:
I'm interested in various aspects of data privacy and system security. To solve practical security problems, I use system techniques, as well as access control and machine learning, and a bit of game theory (with the help of my dear collaborator Chris Griffin). To date, I work primarily on security topics related to data control, management and distribution. My current specific research interests include:
My research is (or has been) funded by the National Science Foundation, Army Research Office, Hewlett-Packard, and a Google Research Award. In 2015 I was awarded an NSF CAREER AWARD to explore collective access control models and mechanisms in collaborative systems.
- Access Control, Online Deviance and Privacy issues in Social Networks. This line of work is or has been supported by grants from NSF, AirForce, and Army Research Office.
- Access Control, Accountability and Verification of Computations in Cloud Environments.
Note for interested Cybercorps students: I coordinate the Scholarship for Service program at Penn State. For more information please go to the PSU SFS website here.Note: I am back from a wonderful sabbatical year and looking for graduate students interested in joining my research lab.
To view my publications, please check out my (often outdated) publications page.
Students:I work and have worked with several bright students:
- Sushama Karumanchi now at Paypal Security!
- Prasanna Umar, PhD
- Cong Liao, PhD
- Haoti Zhong, PhD EE
- Matthew Tentilucci, Ms IST (Now Federal Employee)
Note for prospective students:I am currently looking for graduate students interested in joining my research group. Strong technical skills (programming, database etc) and interest in exploring problems related to social networks privacy and security are preferred. Email me for inquiries.
Recent Program Committees and Conferences Organization:
- Program Committee Member:International Conference on Distributed Systems (ICDCS), 2016.
- Program chair: ACM Sixth ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (Codaspy) 2016.
- Program Committee Member: ACM World Wide Web Conference(WWW), 2016
More information about me can be found here