Anna Cinzia Squicciarini
PNC Technologies Career Development Professorship College of Information Sciences and Technology Pennsylvania State University
Research Activities and About:
I'm interested in various aspects of data privacy and system security. To solve practical security problems, I use system techniques, as well as access control and machine learning, and a bit of game theory (with the help of my dear collaborator Chris Griffin). To date, I work primarily on security topics related to data control, management and distribution. My current specific research interests include:
My research is (or has been) funded by the National Science Foundation, Army Research Office, Hewlett-Packard, and a Google Research Award. I was recently awarded an NSF CAREER AWARD to explore collective access control models and mechanisms in collaborative systems.
- Access Control, Online Deviance and Privacy issues in Social Networks. This line of work is supported by grants from NSF and Army Research Office.
- Brokerage, Accountability and Verification of Computations in Cloud Environments.This line of work is supported by an NSF award.
Note for interested Cybercorps students: I coordinate the Scholarship for Service program at Penn State. For more information please go to the PSU SFS website here.Note: During the academic year 2016/2017 I will be on sabbatical leave. Expect delayed responses. I will not be able to work with any new student during my leave.
To view my publications, please check out my (often outdated) publications page.
Students:I work and have worked with several bright students:
- Sushama Karumanchi (currently on the job market!), PhD IST
- Cong Liao, PhD
- Haoti Zhong, PhD EE
- Rahul Balakhavi, Ms CSE (Now at Yahoo)
- Matthew Tentilucci, Ms IST (Now Federal Employee)
Note for prospective students:I am currently looking for graduate students interested in joining my research group. Strong technical skills (programming, database etc) and interest in exploring problems related to social networks privacy and security are preferred. Email me for inquiries.
Recent Program Committees and Conferences Organization:
- Program Committee Member:International Conference on Distributed Systems (ICDCS), 2016.
- Program chair: ACM Sixth ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (Codaspy) 2016.
- Program Committee Member: ACM World Wide Web Conference(WWW), 2016
More information about me can be found here